Once again media, mobile phone vendors and telecoms operators are preparing for the most important annual event in Barcelona.
My personal estimations for MWC 2013:
- More fablets; devices between smartphones and tablets with screen sizes between 5 and 6,5 inches. LG joins this product to challenge the market leader Samsung.
- 4G (LTE) smartphones become more common and to lower price ranges in Europe.
- First speedier 4G LTE-A terminals, probably USB modems or MiFi devices (4G+WiFi) starting from 150 Mbps.
- NFC becomes more common in smartphones. Mobile wallet apps get more attention.
- Windows Phone 8 gets to lower price ranges. Announcements from at least Huawei and Nokia.
- Mobile network vendors such as Ericsson and NSN demo next steps in mobile broadband, at least LTE-A.
Please send e-mail (tero.lehto (at) sanoma.com) or SMS if you’d like to meet (+358-40-5178887) in Barcelona.